Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Scratch Art

This is a picture of Nicole and my board that we created. We covered it with blue paper then covered that with black. We wanted to try and create a board that looked like it was created by scratch art so we cut out lines throughout the board to show the blue that is underneath. We stapled the students projects on the board in clusters and tried to show as much of the cutouts as possible.

This is my scratch art project that I was the instructor for. Our topic was drawing and we felt that this was a much more creative way to incorporate drawing than normal drawing. We started the lesson by covering some vocab terms and what exactly scratch art is. We then showed the students how to do the different techniques of drawing with scratch art. We assigned a random abstract shape to each child and they were to use their creativity and use that shape in their picture. My shape I made into a turtle. I used three different techniques in my artwork and tried to utilize the entire page. I really enjoyed this project I thought it was something fun to do and students would really like this rather than just simply drawing with paper and pencil. An extension project I would do is to have the students write a story about what they created the object into and why they created that. I would also have them think of at least 3 other things they could have done with their shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment